One-of-a-kind, artistically transformed from an old military prison into a funky hostel.
Social hostel with lively atmosphere, great events, sustainability-oriented. Unique & fun!
Appreciated and awarded by cult travel specialists for its unique & unusual design:
- No.1 hippest hostel in the world by Lonely Planet
- the 25 ultimate places to stay in the world by Rough Guides
- No.1 hostel in Slovenia according to Hostelworld.com guests' reviews- 2010 Hoscar Winner
- World's 1st sustainability-oriented hostel || GreenKey certificate
- 5-minute walk from the main bus & train station; perfect for late arrivals or early departures
- 10-minute walk to the old Ljubljana city center
- 15-minute walk to the funicular which gives you a ride to Ljubljana Castle
- the hostel's surrounded by the funkiest environment ever || Metelkova City area with cult bars, pubs, galleries, museums, theatre etc.
UNIQUE CONCEPT & STORY
A must stay experience when visiting Ljubljana. Spend the night in one of the 20 unique former prison cells with prison bars on windows and doors. Not entirely your cup of tea? Make your bed in one of the hostel's more traditional 4-, 5-, 7- and 12-bedded dorms featuring unique artistic elements.
parking | WiFi || towels and bed linen || guided tours of the hostel || city maps || book exchange || board games || tourist info || tour booking || smiles for everyone || FREE all-you-can eat breakfast
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED by Celica staff:
- Tuesday concerts (free entry)
- Tours & Trips info desk for daily excursions around Slovenia - pick up place near the hostel
- City info, maps, schedules, travel arrangements, events
- Rent-a-bike ~ comfy vintage cruisers to go out exploring Ljubljana and surroundings
- Plenty of space for motorbike parking
- Special prices for Ljubljana Castle Experiences.
No curfew, no lockout, 24/7 reception.
Being locked up will never be more FUN!
Due to the Covid-19 being present in our society, we would like to inform you about the precautions we have adopted to be as responsible as possible. These changes include:
- Keeping up to date on a daily basis with the recommendations and instructions issued by the National Institute for Public Health.
- We have installed hand sanitizer dispensers all over the hostel (all bathrooms, main entry points, common areas).
- We disinfect surfaces multiple times a day (door knobs, toilets, common surfaces).
- We rearranged common areas so that the safety distance between guests can be maintained.
- Guests are encouraged to use our Summer garden, when the weather permits.
- Our café is open from Monday until Friday from 7 AM to 10.30 PM.
Thank you for understanding these new measures!