Romans & Ruins by See Wales Tours
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Pourquoi réserver chez nous ?
- Assurez votre place ! Les réservations en ligne sont confirmées.
- Lisez sur nos excursions et activités des avis rédigés par des clients qui les ont testées.
- Recevez une confirmation par SMS de la réservation de votre excursion.
See the Roman fortress towns of Caerleon and Caerwent, the wonderful Wye Valley, Tintern Abbey and majestic Raglan Castle
- Departs from: Departure days: Every Wednesday & Saturday Pickup point:National Museum Cardiff
- Departure times: 09:00hrs
- Duration: 8 Hours
- Starts & ends in: Cardiff
What to bring:
- Suitable clothing required for tour itinerary
Included in price:
Romans & Ruins
You begin this tour with a visit to one of Europe's most astonishing Roman military sites at Caerleon - "Fort of the Legion". Explore the amphitheatre where gladiators fought to their death, the bath house around which much of a Roman soldiers life revolved and the National Legionary Museum displaying all the archaeology of a way of life which existed almost 2000 years ago.
You cross the majestic Usk and Wye rivers to reach the spectacular monastic ruin at Tintern Abbey, trailing in the footseps of the Cistercian monks with tales of dedication and treachery.
Following a lunch stop at the nearby Abbey Mill Craft Centre, and maybe a walk along the banks of the Wye river, you continue onto Raglan Castle described as the finest late-medieval fortress in Britain with astonishing views of the Monmouthshire countryside along the way.
Caerleon:Roman Amphitheatre; Fortress Baths; Legionary Museum, Caerwent: Roman city, Tintern Abbey, Abbey Mill Craft Centre, Raglan Castle.
Departure days: Every Wednesday & Saturday
Departs: 0900hrs Returns: 1700hrs
Pickup point:National Museum Cardiff
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.
- The balance (total fee - online deposit) must be paid 2 week(s) in advance.