Jewish Cultural Heritage - Essential Tour by Hungaria Koncert Ltd.
Book this tourTo get started, choose an available date below to see prices.
Pourquoi réserver chez nous ?
- Assurez votre place ! Les réservations en ligne sont confirmées.
- Lisez sur nos excursions et activités des avis rédigés par des clients qui les ont testées.
- Recevez une confirmation par SMS de la réservation de votre excursion.
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage.
- Departs from: Time table: 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays (on Fridays there is only one tour at 10:00), on Sundays at 11:00.
- Departure times: Varied
- Duration: 2 Hours
- Takes Place In: Budapest
What to bring:
- Comfortable Footwear
- Please, print out your booking and bring with you to the program place. Thank you.
- Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Included in price:
Budapest has the biggest Jewish community in Middle - Eastern Europe, with an active religious, artistic and historical heritage. Through centuries the Hungarian and Jewish history has been so entwined that it is almost inseparable. Jews played and play an important role in the country’s economical, cultural and political life.
Our company was created in 1995 and since then we try to show our visitors the Hungarian and Jewish culture in our country. Our English speaking guides are well trained, and have the necessary qualification to help you understand the Jewish past and present in Hungary and in Budapest.
Our tours are in one (English) language, and we try to keep the sightseeing tours with small groups of people. To customize your needs we prepared three types of heritage tours.
Essential Tour (1,5-2 hours)
Those guests who are short of time can take our 1,5 hour Jewish Heritage Essential Tour. The tour includes an interior visit to the Dohány synagogue, which is the largest in Europe. Guided tour in the Jewish Museum, which has an important and unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe. The Holocaust Cemetery where thousands were buried, who were killed in the ghetto times. The Raul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life which was created to remind us of those who perished in the war.
Time table: 10:00 and 14:00 on weekdays (on Fridays there is only one tour at 10:00), on Sundays at 11:00.
Meeting point: in front of Dohany Street Synagogue 15 minutes before tour starts
Customers who rated this tour left the following reviews.
- In the event of cacellation the deposit paid is non refundable.
- Failure to make cancellations 24 hours before the commencement of the tour will result in FULL PAYMENT being taken from the credit card.
- A 15.00% administration fee is charged on all credit card transactions with the tour operators.
- Cancellations on behalf of the tour operator will result in a full refund.